Orthopedic Associates Surgery Center
The benefits of a long-term strategic partnership.
1 practice – Multiple surgery centers and Inpatient co-management
Orthopedic Associates of Hartford (OAH) was founded in 1970 with a simple goal: provide the highest quality orthopedic care in the most efficient, cost-effective manner, while maintaining a work environment of care, congeniality, and teamwork. Developing an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) exclusively focused on orthopedics fit perfectly with this goal. However, after years of exploring the concept independently and with a local hospital, the ASC was no closer to reality. In 2003, OAH partnered with CSA to develop the region’s first physician-owned orthopedic surgery center. This ASC was just the beginning of what has evolved into a long-term strategic partnership built on expertise, trust and a commitment to improve and grow.
Timeline of Growth
- 2004 – opened two-OR ASC with 16 MD group
- 2006 – expanded to four ORs
- 2009 – formed Holding Company and purchased three-OR JV ASC
- 2014 – opened second three-OR JV with 16 outside MDs and two Hospitals
- 2016 – collaborated on $150 million Bone and Joint Institute
- 2017 – opened third five-OR JV ASC attached to the Institute
- 2019 – opened seven-OR ASC to replace original ASC
Specialties: Orthopedics, Total Joint Replacements, Pain Management
150 Enterprise Dr.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Three ASCs in portfolio
ASC ownership has driven growth and orthopedic market share dominance
Clinical control over 26 OP and IP ORs
16-MD group has become a 34-MD group
Real Estate ownership in three ASCs
Over 17,000 surgeries performed annually within these partnered ASCs