21 Orthopedic Surgeons from 7 Different Hospitals = 1 Successful JV ASC.
Innovative JV structure addresses Health System’s varied and complex strategic priorities.
Hartford Healthcare (HHC) is a fully integrated health system that includes six acute care hospitals and 2,000 beds. In 2014, HHC leadership approached CSA to explore strategic solutions for issues including the stabilization of existing orthopedic staff members at two hospitals, improving operational efficiency, hospital campus planning, and expanding into new markets.
- Developed the JV structure, involving a two-hospital holding company and a physician holding company accommodating individual and group-practice surgeons
- Developed plan to repurpose, renovate and lease space on the hospital campus for a new ambulatory surgery center
- Assisted in CON filing and secured regulatory approvals
- Led selection of architectural firm and oversaw renovation design and construction
- Developed detailed equipment lists, managed procurement and project budget based on project needs and surgeon preferences
- Recruited and syndicated to 20 orthopedic surgeons from multiple practices and seven area hospitals
- Developed all syndication and organizational documentation for the project
- Managed hiring, start-up, licensure, accreditation, and contracting
Specialty: Multi Speciality
765 West Johnson Ave
Cheshire, CT 06410
Immediate success followed by consistent long-term growth
Physician alignment and stabilization of outpatient cases led to increased collaboration and growth in inpatient cases
JV has been nationally recognized for patient satisfaction
As a result of sustained growth the joint venture partners developed a new 75,000sq’ medical office building with a five-OR and two-procedure room surgery center