O Southington Surgery Center
21 Orthopedic Surgeons From 7 Different Hospitals – 1 Successful Jv Asc.
Innovative JV structure addresses Health Systems varied and complex strategic priorities.
Hartford Healthcare (HHC) is a fully integrated health system that includes six acute care hospitals and 2,000 beds. In 2014, HHC leadership approached CSA to explore strategic solutions for issues including the stabilization of existing orthopedic staff members at two hospitals, improving operational efficiency, hospital campus planning, and expanding into new markets. In this project, CSA:
81 Meriden Ave C301
Southington CT 06489
In this project, CSA:
- developed the JV structure, involving a two-hospital holding company and a physician holding company accommodating individual and group-practice physicians
- developed plan to repurpose, renovate and lease space on hospital campus for JV
- presented to Hospital and Health System administration to secure project approvals
- assisted in CON filing, securing regulatory approval
- led selection of architectural firm and oversaw renovation design and construction
- developed detailed equipment lists, managed procurement and project budget based on project needs and physician preference
- successfully syndicated to 21 physicians, including the development of all syndication and organizational documentation for the project
- successfully managed hiring, start-up, accreditation and contracting